Packages & Services
Things to do in Golden, BC & area
Maybe you're planning a short stay in Golden as you travel through the Canadian Rockies. Perhaps you're looking for a longer stay? Golden, BC has a wonderful location for you to dive into a vast array of year-round outdoor activities.
However long you plan to stay, there are various services we can provide for you and packages we offer. Please get in touch for more information and pricing on:
- Discount lift tickets for Kicking Horse
- Ski and stay packages
- Heli-ski and stay packages
- Raft and stay packages
- Golf and stay packages
We can help you with...
Dinner / Eating: Golden is home to some amazing little restaurants. However, sometimes you just don't want to go back out at night. We offer wonderful 3-course home cooked evening meals for groups renting the entire lodge - always a hit with the winter ski guests. Please ask in advance to see our menus. If you're heading out hiking or ski touring for the day, perhaps to Lake O'Hara or the Rogers Pass then I would be happy to prepare a bagged lunch for you. Just ask in advance.
Local Guides: Whether for climbing or fishing, walking or boating, cross country, backcountry or downhill skiing let us put you in touch with the Golden BC experts.
Massage / Spa service: After a hard day of activity there's just nothing better than a massage to ease the aching joints. Golden has an impressive host of highly respected masseuses who you can visit or who can come to the lodge.
Golden Golf Club: One of the most beautiful golf courses in Canada, open May to October depending on the snow, we can book your tee-off time, club or cart rental in advance for you.
Heli-skiing: Let us arrange a great of day of heli-skiing with the world famous Purcell Heli-skiing, located just down the road from Home Lodge.
White Water Rafting / Water Based Adventures: Based on the type of adventure you'd like, we can recommend a company and a trip to go on. Golden has everything from smooth and sedate to wet and wild and even stand up paddle boards.
Other things to do: In summer and winter there is a huge list of things to do here in Golden and in the area around. To list all of these here would be a website in itself! For more inspiration on things to do in Golden and around the Canadian Rockies please visit Tourism Golden. Or, please just drop us a line or call me here at the B&B and ask. I would be delighted to suggest ideas, itineraries, make bookings and reservations for you.
Our hand-picked recommendations
Our recommendations for restaurants and eating in Golden:
- Apostoles: authentic Greek food and great steaks.
- Bacchus Books: cafe upstairs in the bookstore open 9-6 daily, great coffee and healthy lunches.
- Bluebird Cafe: modern cafe with great coffee, soups and sandwiches open 7-5 daily.
- Cedar House Restaurant: fine dining south of town.
- Eleven22: open at 5pm, a consistent locals favourite with Asian inspired dishes, daily pasta and a daily fish special.
- The Island: nice log building overlooking with river with sunny patio.
- Jita's Cafe: open 7-5pm for great coffees, authentic chai and Indian food.
- Nagomi Sushi: wonderful authentic fresh sushi and hot lunches, open 12-5 Monday to Friday.
- Whitetooth Bistro: another local's favorite, excellent quality fresh ingredients, classic yet innovative bistro menu.
- The Wolfs Den: great log building and famous for their vast range of burgers.
- Truffle Pigs Bistro: Ok it's in Field, so not strictly Golden, however it's only 55km away and a trip to the area is not complete without dinner in this truly wonderful restaurant.